Travelwest has been successful in securing grant funding for the Access WEST project. This project offers a range of support for businesses. An outline of the various activities are below.
The focus of the project is to promote walking and cycle commuting to work to reduce the congestion and environmental impact of single occupancy vehicle trips whilst also promoting the health benefits.
There is also scope to promote greater access to work and skills training, particularly for those currently not in education, training or employment. This will be delivered as part of the Wheels to Work project. Further information regarding this will be available soon.
Support available includes:
- Match Funded Employer Grants
- Cycle Champions Network
- Loan Bikes
- Travel Roadshows
- Journey Sharing
For more details, download this overview. Its been written from a S, Glos. perspective, however N. Somerset and Bristol City Council will have similar offers. For more details contact your LA’s Business Engagement Officer below or email email@example.com.
You can also download here some case studies which show how other organisations have benefited from grants and other travel support.
Please note Bristol City Council are running a grant round for employer grants. SGC and NSC grants are (we understand) open until the funds run out. The BCC grant round runs until 16th June 2017. More details below.
- Bristol City Council – Kurt Schiebl. Contact details here.
- North Somerset – Gideon Thomas. Contact details here. Flyer can be downloaded here.
- S. Glos. Council – Richard Drew. Contact details here. Overview of offers can be downloaded here.
Bristol City Council Employer Grants Round now open (available in N. Somerset and S. Glos. on an ongoing basis).
This year’s Travelwest grant round is now open. We can provide match-funding of up to 50% for any project that improves sustainable transport provision at your organisation – for example:
- new or improved cycle parking or storage facilities
- new electric vehicle charging points
- signage of cycling routes
- provision of pool bikes
- improvement of pedestrian access to and within the site
- provision of car sharing bays in staff car parks
- events to promote walking and cycling.
- any other project that you can show will have an effect on staff using single-occupancy cars
After the close of applications, grants are competitively scored. You’ll be informed of whether your application has been successful by Friday the 30th of June.