Become a SevernNet member and enjoy the benefits for a small contribution (based on business size).
Members include Almeda Facilities, Ambition Lawrence Weston, Avara Pharmaceutical Services, Avonmouth C of E Primary School, Blue Arrow, BRACE Alzheimer’s Research, Brand51, Day Group, eeTEQ, Esoterix Services, Etex Building Performance Ltd., GENeco, GKN Aerospace Western Approach, IDS Refridgeration Services, Nisbets, Oasis Academy Brightstowe; Pinpoint Mapping, Professional Hygiene, Shirehampton Park Golf Club, Solar-sense-UK Ltd., Tercon Limited, The Bristol Port Company, Wessex Bus, West of England Sport Trust (Wesport) and Wrings Transport.
How to become a member
If you’d like to discuss Membership please call (07969 569 444) or email Kate Royston (email@example.com) to make an appointment.
Membership levels and services
|Type of organisation||Definition (*)||Annual membership (£)|
|Large||more than 100 employees||800|
|Medium||less than 100 employees||400|
|Small||less than 10 employees||150|
|Charities / not for profit||25|
* Number of employees is based upon the employees within the local ‘branch’ where relevant.
- Monthly e-newsletter
- News Updates
- Post articles for inclusion in e-newsletter e.g. company announcements
Website Public Area Access:
- Local information e.g. travel services, case study information
- Job searches
- Events calendar
- Business directory searches for local companies & services
- Resource forum searches
Website Members Area Access:
- Membership list
- Members’ business profile & publicity: individual page for each member
- Support tools, information, case studies etc. from working groups
- Risk management helpline service (provided by Bond Dickinson)
- Post job vacancies
- Post resources in forum (haves and wants) e.g. by products, waste materials, specialist skills and knowledge, under-utilised facilities
- Post events in calendar
- Business networking and promotional events
- Peer to Peer networking / CPD / Company visits
- Quarterly topical seminars (from Bond Dickinson)
- Strategic Briefing sessions
- Invitation to join SevernNet Working Groups
- Influence policy / position on the Big Issues
Why become a member?
Over 150 businesses and organisations have been coming together over the last five years. The exchange of information, co-operation and collaboration have achieved significant results. These include:
- cost savings
- quick actionable ways to implement new knowledge
- high level influence with policy making
- making the case for improved transport
- improving health, safety, security and environmental practices
- getting local people into local jobs
- strengthening community groups through targeted business support
Sue Turner, The Bristol Port Company: “All of the issues we face here are too big for any one organisation to tackle on its own. As companies, local community organisations, the Councils and charities we have come together as SevernNet – to tackle these big issues. Call it enlightened self-interest. Each stakeholder may have a different perspective on which problems are the most important, but by working together to see the big picture – too big for any one of us to address on our own –we can pull together for the good of all our neighbours.
To continue our work we need your support to sustain SevernNet as an organisation and continue working for positive change across the area”.
You can support SevernNet by becoming a member. Your fee will help fund the co-ordination and facilitation activities.
In return, businesses are able to support the key aims for the area with minimal investment, enjoy significant benefits and, if interested, participate in a number of local working groups combating the challenges to improve individual and collective business performance and prosperity.
A leaflet summarising SevernNet’s key aims, benefits and mechanisms for working together is available here: Membership leaflet. The information is also available via the links below.
- SevernNet background and results to date
- Key Aims
- Key benefits to businesses and organisations
- Mechanisms for working together