Weds 12th November 2014
You can find the event summary here.
Join us at Kings Weston House – 09:15 for 09:30 start
Kings Weston House, Kings Weston Ln, Bristol BS11 0UR
You’re invited to attend our Autumn event including buffet lunch.
Many businesses across the area are finding it difficult to recruit and retain sufficient numbers of staff – skilled and unskilled. We met in May 2014 (see Event Report) to discuss the issues and how we can work together to overcome them. We prioritised setting up a Shuttle Bus service and establishing a Youth Employment Programme; and agreed to come together and follow up in November 2014. We’ve made good progress!
- The Shuttle Bus Service (BuS 11 SevernNet Flyer) should be operational in early 2015
- The SevernNet Youth Employment Programme is up and running
- Plans for a network of walking and cycle tracks across the area are well advanced
- Employment and enterprise hubs in Avonmouth and Lawrence Weston are being designed (as part of our £1.7m Coastal Communities Fund Bid – SevernNet Working).
Come and find out more and tell us what you need. Please register here.
The morning will also include:
- our plans for Green Capital 2015
- a ‘swap shop’ for resources you may have or want
- a chance to join the SevernNet membership scheme
- and networking opportunities with other local businesses and organisations
Outcome from the morning: Prioritised actions for 2015 that we will take forward together. You can also enjoy
a fresh smoothie from the Juicy Blitz Youth Bar. Please register here.
Questions or more information: please contact Kate Royston (firstname.lastname@example.org; 07969-569-444).
Kings Weston House is one of the best-known buildings in the area and commands stunning views over the Bristol Channel and the northern suburbs of the city. The Baroque mansion, originally built by the influential Southwell family, can be accessed from Kings Weston Lane.