At May’s Business Breakfast we were joined by Ashley Borthwick from Womble Bond Dickinson who gave a presentation on Health & Safety legislation and CV-19. You can download the presentation here. Key messages include:
- HSE legislation includes the need to care for the welfare of employees including mental health.
- Employers are not expected to completely eliminate risk of CV-19 – think about the risks and do everything reasonably practicable to minimise them.
- Employees also have a legal responsibility to take reasonable care of their safety and their colleagues, and to cooperate with their employer.
- Communication and risk assessment is critical to managing workplace safety.
- Compliance with policies and procedures should be monitored and enforced.
An e-learning short course concerning prevention and control of infection in the workplace is available from Weston College. Download leaflet here
The importance of mental health management and first aid was stressed by all. Weston College has information on Mental Heath first aid here.