Travel advice and support for key workers
Thank you to all our key workers! Find details here of help for key workers.
Get in touch with us for Travel advice to help you make essential journeys. We can help you find a route to work – see our getting to work page.
See our walking and cycling page for resources to help you cycle.
There is lots of help available for key workers who cycle including:
- £100 off a refurbished bike. This is being funded by Wheels to Work and bikes are on offer from Life Cycle UK and The Bristol Bike Project
- Free bike loans – Bikes are available for key workers to hire free via Better by Bike. Severn Ride and Stride is currently assembling a new fleet of bikes that will soon be available to hire for key workers only. Contact us to register your interest.
- Sully Cycles are offering all key workers a free bike service, along with a commuter jacket, helmet and a set of bike lights
- The Electric Bike Shop are offering free bicycle checks and maintenance for key workers, all labour included
- Taylored Cycles are offering a Key Worker Call Out Service to help you to keep commuting by bike. You will get a free basic tune-up service worth £40 (anything additional will need to be paid for separately). Book a call out
- Halfords are offering free bike services to NHS and emergency workers
Sustrans have created a map with key cycle resources such as bike shops and bike hire available currently. See the map here.
Cycling UK is offering free membership to all NHS staff. Just fill in the form to apply.
It includes free third-party insurance and access to the Cycling UK legal advice service. You’ll also get access to online retail discounts, a digital copy of their bi-monthly Cycle magazine and other benefits.
For NHS workers who are already Cycling UK members, the charity will extend the current membership by an extra three months.
Mobile Bike repair
There are few bike shops around Severnside and Avonmouth. For a local mobile mechanic who will come to you, check out Boing Bicycles operating from Sea Mills.
email@example.com – Phone: 0117 3620212
Free car parking for NHS staff
Find out more on the Travel West website
Free buses and shuttles
There are free shuttles from Temple Meads station to the BRI / St Michaels Hospital. and other services are free. Find out more on the Travel West website